Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be treated better and cured if detected early. Detection of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is the responsibility of the individual themselves. Look for warning signs before can go for treatment of the carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Are you experiencing an itching and burning in your fingers, palm and forearm? This may be a warning sign of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Are you feeling a prolonged tingling sensation even after you’ve finished working? This is one of the earliest signs of the syndrome which is often ignored
- Bend your wrist and hold it there for a minute. If you start experiencing pain consult your doctor.
- Elevate your hand and hold it straight as far up as possible. Remain in this position for two full minutes. If you feel numbness and a tingling, then these may be signs of Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Firmly grip your hand and observe how it feels. Try making a fist while holding your hand. People who have carpal tunnel syndrome often face difficulties in making a fist.
- Look for a swollen or tender wrist. A damaged carpal tunnel often results in swelling due to fluid retention and sprain.
It is important to educate yourself about carpal tunnel especially if you can detect and prevent it from the comfort f your own home. Carpal tunnel exercises are very easy to do and take very little time.